Out of office schedules are used to disable users from receiving assignments while they’re away from work.
Create an Out of Office Schedule
Follow these steps to create a new out of office schedule:
- Select Kubaru from the App Launcher menu.
- Click on the Kubaru Console tab.
- Click the Out of Office Schedules tab in the console.
- Click the New Out of Office button.
- Fill out the following fields:
|Select the employee who will be out of office.
|This will pull in the User’s time zone by default. To change it, uncheck “User Time Zone”.
|Enter the start date and time.
|Enter the end date and time.
|Enter the reason the employee will be out of office.
|Determines whether this schedule applies to all routers, or a subset
|Indicate which routers should be impacted by this schedule.
Available in Version 4.5 and up
- Click the Save Schedule button.
User Out of Office Self-Service
Available in Version 4.1.3 and up
It’s possible to grant users the ability to manage their own out of office schedules. To do so you’ll need to add the Visualforce page called Kubaru Out Of Office (API name NewMember) to a page that your users have access to. Here are the steps to add this to your Salesforce org’s home page:
- Navigate to the home page in Lightning Experience.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right of the page and select Edit Page.
- Click and drag Visualforce from the list of components on the left and bring it into the desired location on your page.
- On the right under Visualforce Page Name, find and select Kubaru Out Of Office.
- Set Height as desired. This depends on how many schedules you’d like your users to be able to see at one time without having to scroll. If you’re not sure, leave it at 300 for now.
- Click Save. If this page is not yet deployed to users, click Activation and deploy as desired.
Once added, users can click New Schedule to add a schedule, which requires Reason, Start date/time, and End date/time. They can also edit or delete existing schedules as desired. Users will only see current and future schedules–past schedules will automatically be hidden from view.
Out of office schedules created in this manner apply to all routers