Filters can be added to your router to limit which records from your connected queues get assigned. Routers with no filters will assign every record from the connected queue.
Adding Distribution Filters
Follow these steps to add one or more filters to your router:
- Navigate to a router.
- Scroll down to the Distribution Filters section and click Manage Filters.
- You can select a related object from the Record field to filter based on fields from the related object. See the Related object filters section below.
- Choose a Field (e.g. Country) from the picklist.
- Choose an Operator (e.g. equals) from the picklist.
- Enter a Value (e.g. Canada).
- Click Add Row to add additional filters.
- Click Save.
Adding Filter Logic
If you have more than one filter you can click Add Filter Logic to customize how filters are combined. For example, let’s say you create a lead router with the following filters:
- Country Equals United States
- Revenue Greater Than 1,000,000
- Employee Count Great Than 1,000
The default filter logic is “1 AND 2 AND 3”, meaning the router will only assign leads from the United States with revenue higher than 1,000,000 and employee counts greater than 1,000.
Let’s say you want to assign leads from the United States with revenue higher than 1,000,000 OR employee counts greater than 1,000. To do so, you can change the filter logic to “1 AND (2 OR 3)”.
Related Object Filters
Available in Version 5.3 and up
You can create filters that reference related objects. Let’s say you’re creating a router for Cases and want to create filters based on fields from the Account related to the Case. This can be done by changing the Record field to Account.
Follow these steps to select fields from a related object:
- Click on the record link.
- Select a related object from the list. Note: when you click on an object, another list of related objects will appear to the right. It’s possible to traverse up to five levels of related objects.
- Click the Select button.
Campaign Membership Filters
Available in Version 4.1.4 and up
Is Member of Campaign is a special filter that allows you to specify whether a Lead or Contact is a member of a campaign you specify.
For instance, if you only want to assign Leads who were part of an email campaign called “Half Off Email 2022”, you will choose Is Member of Campaign as the field, Yes as the operator, and Half Off Email 2022 as the value.
Relative Date/Time Filters
Available in Version 4.4.15 and up
The local time zone for the Running Kubaru User will be used when assigning based on date/time filters. Except in the case of Trigger-Based Assignment which is based on the user that triggers the assignment.
When a filter is based on a Date or a Date/Time field, there are some special relative date values that can be used:
- Last N Days (e.g. “Last 4 Days”)
- Next N Days (e.g. “Next 2 Days”)
- N Days Ago (e.g. “7 Days Ago”)
For more information on how each of these is evaluated, see Date Formats and Date Literals.
Things to keep in mind