Available in Version 4.7 and up
The Field Update feature allows you to configure a router to update one or more fields on a record at the time it’s assigned. Here are a couple common use cases for this feature:
- Updating the status field of the record to “Assigned” or similar.
- Updating a custom field with the date/time the record was assigned by Kubaru.
Adding field updates is super easy:
- Navigate to a Kubaru Router and scroll down to the Fields Updated on Assignment list.
- Click on the Manage Field Updates button.
- Add any number of field updates you would like to execute whenever a record is assigned.
- Click the Save button.
Field updates support the following special values:
|“TODAY”||This sets date fields equal to the date of assignment.|
|“NOW”||This sets date/time fields equal to the date/time of assignment.|
|“ASSIGNEE”||This can be used to populate a user lookup field with the user to whom the record was assigned. Note: the field will not be updated if the record is assigned to a queue.|
When a record is assigned from the router, the fields will update as specified. You’ll be able to see the additional fields that were updated when viewing assignment logs in the Other Fields Updated column.
For routers that use Rule-Based Assignment, you also have the option to set field updates at the rule level.