Available in Version 4.3 and up
There are some cases in which you may want records to be assigned to members of your organization who do not use Salesforce. This is often the case when Salesforce is meant to capture workload even for reps outside of the system. In such cases, you can add these reps as inactive Salesforce users (note: these users will not need a Salesforce license). You can then use the Include Inactive Users feature to pull them in as router members, whether you are manually selecting users or syncing them automatically.
Things to keep in mind
Follow these steps to add one or more inactive users to a router:
- Navigate to a router where the Assignee Field is not the standard owner field.
- Scroll down to the Members section and click the Manage Members button.
- Check the Include Inactive Users checkbox.
- If using the automatic sync feature, inactive users that meet your criteria will be pulled in based on your criteria. Otherwise, both active and inactive users will be available to select as router members.
- Click Save when finished.
Note that while this feature is enabled, you will be able to see which of the router’s members are active vs. inactive when viewing the members from the router view page.