There are some unique cases in which you may want to assign a user to a text field on a record instead of a user lookup field. This is possible to do with the Assign to Custom Text Field feature. Follow these steps to enable this feature:
- Navigate to the Settings tab of the Kubaru Console.
- In App Settings, check Custom Text Field Assignment to enable the feature.
- Create a new Kubaru Router.
- You will notice that in the Assignee Field there is a new intermediary picklist with two options: User Lookup Field and Custom Text Field. Select the latter. Note: either one of these options may not be available for certain objects, depending on whether fields in each respective category are available.
- You will be presented with a list of custom text fields to select from.
You must populate the custom text field with the 18-digit version of your connected queue’s ID in order for the record to assign. If you use the standard 15-digit ID, Kubaru will not pick up the record for assignment.
If the object your router is assigning becomes very large (over 200k records in your org), you may start seeing assignment failures when using custom text field assignment. To prevent this, it’s a good idea to request a Custom Index be added to the custom text field by the Salesforce support team. This can be requested by opening a case with them.